Sunday, January 4, 2009

Buying Creativity

Ok - so maybe I can pretend I am being patriotic by spending ..but really I am attempting to buy my way to creativity with just one more art supply purchase? It was on sale...and I had a discount coupon too..so I ordered one of those little palm plein aire paintbox/easels...Will I suddenly work better with this adorable wooden box? Will I venture out to the great outdoors on a more regular basis? I don't know..but I am thinking that this will be a cool little tool for easy mobility. I have painted out with the wheeled cart, the portable folding easel, the collapsing table and folding stool. Yes the results were worth it, but the task is still daunting- load the truck, unload and drag the stuff...It is too easy to give up on the idea before it is begun. So this little box has a thumb hole in the bottom to hold and you can work on little panels..ofcourse you need the discipline of a limited palette as well. I think it could be a good exercise for me to get out there quickly and frequently..or else I am indeed just trying to buy my way to creativity instead of putting in the sweat...but it was on sale!

2 comments:

Claudine said...

Yea for painting purchases. You know, in college Jane was fond of saying she could run faster if only she had the right snazzy pair of running shorts. Don't knock the magic of material goods.

Ann Osgood said...

I guess that new color or brush are just the ticket sometimes!