Monday, October 11, 2010

Paint the Aspens






It was a great week in the White Mountains of Arizona at the Paint the Aspens event. 30 artist painted in the forest for the week and then submitted 3 finished works to hang in the High Country Gallery in Pinetop. I was a bit puzzled about painting in the forest as I haven't really tried. Desert, beach, city are all in my comfort zone but the forest was a new challenge. The weather was another big challenge as the week started, but fortunately it improved day by day. I was relieved to get 3 paintings done that I could frame and submit for the show. I was happily surprised to learn 2 of my 3 sold the first day! What a nice ending for a spectacular week!

1 comment:

Vincent Desjardins said...

Beautiful paintings Ann and congratulations on the sales!