Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Abstracts for a Change



Last weekend was "Art Detour Weekend" in Phoenix. We had the studio open all day Saturday and Sunday and enjoyed a steady stream of visitors. I worked on some abstract acrylics while hanging out downtown. One was started by working over the Deep Fried Challenge painting...I really didn't think I wanted chicken legs in a hot skillet hung on the wall. I keep the bubbles of hot oil though!! The second painting was started on a blank canvas. I like it pretty well. I had a start on a couple of others too.

2 comments:

Hopi_Arts said...

Ann, I really do love the "Fried Chicken Legs"! This painting reminds me of some of Dan Namingha's earlier paintings. Looks like you had fun with this painting. We enjoy checking out your website "Art From Utopia" also!

Rose and I hope to see you First Friday again. Phoenix Art Detour was so much fun and you made it a wonderful experience to get to watch you paint with your God given talent.

Thank you for your friendship and hospitality.

Hugs,
Wade & Rose

Ann Osgood said...

I love Namingha's earlier stuff. The new ones are nice, but I like the more energized brushstrokes of the old stuff.