Saturday, June 9, 2012

Painting at the Winery

I was with a group of friends and family at Granite Creek Winery today. It is a really neat place with lots of cute funky buildings and grapevines. We listened to Shelby James and the Crying Shames which includes my niece Jane Hilton on the violin. The huge trees shaded the tables as folks watched the band. I loved the big lanterns and lights strung overhead. I set up an easel and painted the day. It was a challenge to paint that much information, but I really wanted to paint those lanterns so I painted everything in that view. Painting the people was a fun challenge. I couldn't include everyone or all the details so I focused here and there to suggest the crowd. The owner of the winery ended up buying the painting so I guess I succeeded in catching some of the mood of the day.

No comments: