Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Painting my Boston Terriers

Sophie 2x2 ft. acrylic

Kelli With a Pearl Earring 16x20" acrylic
I spent the last couple of days painting my two Boston Terriers. They have completely different treatments in the paintings. Kelli is much more serious so the "Dutch Master" approach seemed about right. She loves to play, but is also down to business...fetching the ball, barking out the window, watching the birds. Sophie is a little funny sweetheart who is shown as I see her...ready to plant a big kiss (or ten) on my lips.She is a silly girl who loves to play in the hose water and tells time to the exact second when it is time to eat. She is enthusiastic about everything. She needed a loose painterly effect to capture her excitement. Because I know this dogs so well I was able to paint each of them in their own unique way and really say something true to who they are.

No comments: