Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thinking of my Dad


Tomorrow is the anniversary of when my dad passed away. I have lots of his things here among all the objects I collect. I have thought about painting some of these things for a long time. Today I painted an old musket that he had passed down through his family from the Civil War. It is another small little painting that is good practice. I do feel the slightest bit lazy when I sit and do these at my table instead of the physicality of standing at the easel working large. It sure is a lovely way to spend time with puppy at my feet and nice tunes in my ears.

1 comment:

Vincent Desjardins said...

Hi Ann, I just discovered your blog today and have become a follower. I had no idea that your dad owned a musket that had been in the family since the civil war. That is so cool. I still regret that I never was able to accompany my parents on any of the trips they took to visit your dad and gene and marion. I always thought your dad was such a cool guy, I wish I had known him better. - Vince