Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trying to Get in the Zone


I painted over that image of two figures falling from grace..it just wasn't working for me. I was glimpsing that zone that painting sometimes takes you to, but couldn't sustain it. When working on an abstract painting I feel that I need to relinquish the control and let that intuitive part of my brain take over. I could see some parts that worked but most need more exploration. I feel better about the canvas though...Meanwhile puppy Kelli is growing up with her ears erect all the time now. Notice the evidence behind her of a once lovely potted plant. There was even more debris inside the house where she brought her conquests in. We are on the third week of obedience training..haven't covered plants yet!ha!

1 comment:

Tara Wilde said...

I think the abstract is way more interesting than the figures falling from grace! Great to see you doing abstracts again.