Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Life Drawing Mornings






Life drawing twice a week is a great way to make sure I practice drawing. I love painting and can forget the fun of dry media. When I go to life drawing I use a variety of tools. I am posting a felt marker page with some gesture drawings. These are a minute long usually and the model takes positions that they could not hold longer. This model, Eric, is really athletic and can stand on his head or do other poses that can be very challenging. I am also practicing losing edges and outlines so you will see a few pastel drawings that don't always clarify the outline. Suggestions instead of telling is what I try to do on these. I use soft pastels, oil pastels and nu-pastels on these. The time for these poses vary from five minutes to twenty.

No comments: