Saturday, October 8, 2011

Steve Jobs Made Me Do It

The other day Steve Jobs passed away. The media coverage was extensive, as it should be. Besides covering the genius of his inventions there were several airings of his graduation speech made after his cancer diagnosis. This speech tells the audience that it is a gift to know you are going to die and to therefore be compelled to "live your life." I sometimes spend a whole day watching the tube or sitting on the computer. I know my days are not infinite and yet I often squander the hours away. After hearing Steve Job say more than once that day to "live your life" I set up for a day of painting. It is finally that glorious time of year where Arizona can once again brag about the weather. I love setting up on the patio once the summer gives up.

This painting is of Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona Arizona. It is acrylic on a tall skinny canvas 60x15". I love the idea of showing a slice of a view. The photo was a little hard to take and didn't quite get the top couple of inches but you get the idea. I also put a shot of a portion of it...I tried to not over tell the story..give enough to make the impression, but stay just a bit loose....

2 comments:

Carole Belliveau said...

Excellent Ann, and so is the thought. there is a lot of symbolism in this dramatic piece.

Ann Osgood said...

Thanks Carole..I enjoyed this one a lot.