Friday, July 15, 2011

But I Miss Painting!

I have been attending a national convention for IAMPETH this week. It is a group dedicated to calligraphy and handwriting. I have been amazed at the high calliber of the teachers, the passion of the attendees from all over the world and the depth of information about this subject. There are master penmen and traditions and history about letters that I never imagined. It has been fascinating! I write wedding invitation envelopes so I was interested in learning to write in a fancier hand. I learned a lot more than that this week. I am showing you a "vintage" piece of writing as well as a sample of modern pictoral calligraphy that Linda Schneider does. I have enjoyed this week ...but I have missed painting! Can't wait to get back to the brush and canvas, but this has been a delight.

No comments: