Monday, July 4, 2011

The Painted Horse

A few years back I did a painting for a motorcycle and car custom painter. His shop was called The Painted Horse and my piece had that on a banner. I painted a horse with a V-twin engine for it's body and some reflections like metal on the rest. It was a cool assignment. Painting lightning in the sky was fun. I really wish I had a better picture of the results as this photo cuts off part of the bottom and has a weird light thing in the right corner. The guy has left town for parts unknown so this photo is all I have. I used acrylics on a 48 x40 canvas.

4 comments:

Shirley Fachilla said...

I agree very cool. Especially like the motor inside the horse, both idea and execution.

Ann Osgood said...

Thanks Shirley. I really had fun with this one, merging motorcycle parts with an Arabian horse. It's neat to do something like this because you always learn a lot.

Carole Belliveau said...

WOW Ann! You should take this around to details shops. You could make a fortune!

Ann Osgood said...

Yeah I wish I had a better image of that one...Maybe I should do another in this genre.